Sunday 19 September 2010

SCD Challenge Stars

Having just returned from a lovely holiday in Malta where the weather was soooo lovely and hot and the food was sooooo good (boy I must get back to my diet, but it was oh so good). As it was a lovely buffet and all layed out for us I can't get back into cooking and HID is still waiting for his dinner LOL.He was so hungry he even cooked dinner on Saturday LOL. I relaxed and caught up with my emails and looking at the blogs I follow and getting ready for the papermaze crop yesterday. I thought the 1950s  entries were just fab. This week I decided to join in again as the theme "stars" made me think of John Wayne one of my all time hero's. I have been lucky enough to visit (on a number of occasions) the mid west and the locations of some of his westerns. For the background I used DIs storm sky and antique photo and a touch of whispers and barn door. naturally I spritzed with antique walnut (I am known as the glimmer mist queen). The photo was downloaded from the Internet courtesy of HID (I am not to good with technical stuff, but getting better). The precious stamp of JW I have had in my sewing bag for a long time. I often get it out to look at, but now I have found the perfect mount for it and I am very pleased with the result. Nice one DT.

5 comments:

  1. Just love your John Wayne arch well done you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it just had to be John Wayne didn't it!!! your arch is gorgeous Aunty Peb well done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there was a star! Fabulous JW arch :) Thanks for playing along with us at SCD again this week.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a star. There was no other cowboy quite like him! Great make. Thanks so much for joining us at SCD

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Get of ya horse and drink ya milk" aparently a famous saying of his lol. I love how you have created such a great back ground to go with the focal point of the Duke himself smashing stamp thanks for playing along with SCD again this week

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete