Sunday 5 September 2010

1st go at SCD Challenge

Hi All, I have spent this afternoon in my hobby hut, HID said it needed a 3rd coat of protective paint, I seem to spend more time painting the outside than working in it LOL, anyway I was working on the challenge set by the folks over at SCD. I have been following the challenges for the last 2 months, I am amazed at the work the DT and other participants produce. My daughter Sandra & niece Suzy always take part. Sandra said it is about time I had a go after all I have spent the summer practising stuff as taught by Carol (she has run courses over at Papermaze). I think it was the lace that made me want to have a go, one of my many weaknesses is lace. I have the most fabby stash of lace, mostly antique lace. I just love to look at my lace and really hate using it LOL. Well here is my 1st attempt. I inked with TH Victorian velvet, stamped an image and coloured with glaze pens and gave a spritz of glimmer mist, the lace flowers I made and I used fabric pens and cosmic shimmer to colour. The lace I used is antique cotton mmmmm lush. I am quite pleased with my 1st attempt, I really enjoyed making it.

6 comments:

  1. Can't believe you actually used some of your huge lace collection Aunty Peb !!!! well done on your first piece it is stunning, bet you get hooked now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Pebby - what gorgeous lace and loving those flowers - had to smile at the glimmer mist reference!! lol.

    Thank You for joining us at SCD really hope you'll be a regular now too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along Pebby....first of many? Yes? :)
    Great shaped arch....it's always hard to use precious supplies...you've made a little dint in the stash with this though:)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello pebby. your first piece is beautiful love the way you have done it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome! What a great first make. One to be proud of! The colours are gorgeous and those lace flowers are great. Please come and play with us again. And well done creating your blog! Quite a mine field to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just been to Sandras post and now here you are I was lookng forward to seeing your vintage lace and you didn't disapoint now did you! ;0) also glad to seee you in blog land it is indeed mind blowing but so worh it. thank you for playing along with the SCD team this week and we hope to see you again soon

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete