Sunday 14 November 2010

The Few - Remember Them


This is Remembrance Sunday and I was inspired by this weeks challenge over at SCD which is "WINGS". Now as a child who grew up during WW2 and I lived locally with all the airbases dotted around. I saw the daily flights and mostly more went out than came back. I felt I must make my challenge piece a tribute to those boys (and boys they were). I had a lovely little airplane stamp in my stash which I used. I used DI blue jeans and graduated the inking to produce a sky and then I used my favorite pearly water colours for the bottom half. Then stamped some poppies. I called my piece "The Few" to which I will always be eternally grateful for their sacrifice. I am pleased with this piece and it is meant to make us happy to remember. My daughter Sandra said I excelled myself, praise indeed. Take care all.

4 comments:

  1. What a very fitting winged creation for this week at SCD :) Thanks for sharing your lovely piece
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea Peb! and very poignant, well done you!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the way you have used our theme to remember the fallen it's wonderful. thanks for joining in with the SCD team this week

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the theme! Well played.Thanks for joining us at SCD this week.

    ReplyDelete