Sunday 7 November 2010

Houses, Gingerbread and Nigella


The design team over at SCD really know how to make a challenge a challenge LOL. When I saw the theme of the week "Houses" I thought blimey whatever will I be able to do for that. Having just bought some new stamps none of which really hit the spot for this week. I nearly didn't bother. Then whilst quietly watching Nigella Lawson who talked about Gingerbread houses I knew exactly what needed to be done. Funny where inspiration comes from isn't it. HID kindly down-loaded me a template and I draw out the gingerbread house. I painted it with my pearly water colours and punched out the roof tiles ( a Martha Stewart punch) made the tiny holly leaves and added stickles and white acrylic for snow. The gingerbread man punch I have had in my stash for years nice to find a renewed use for it, then just added stars and icicles and a fab ribbon. Great Challenge Thanks DT.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutley brilliant Aunty Peb, and the MS punch for tiles is inspired !!!!! well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for being late in commenting I've been away at the weekend!
    Thanks for joining in at SCD this week especially when it had to be all made from scratch! :) Great!
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah. Great make and loads of fun!Thanks for joining us at SCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely gingerbread house - I wonder, what does it taste like???

    thank you for playing along this week xx

    ReplyDelete