Sunday 31 October 2010

Claret & Blue


I have had a lovely Sunday with my daughter (Sandra) visiting a local papercraft fair it turned out to be well worth the visit, we did make and take workshop and viewed lots of demonstrations. Obviously I only bought stuff I really really needed LOL. On Saturday I tackled the difficult colour combo of "Claret & Blue" this was the weekly colour challenge from SCD. I needed a card topper for a birthday card hence the shape. I inked the background with DI stormy sky and placed 2 white lace flowers which I had coloured with barn door and a pinky ink to create claret just added some pearls and bits of red and white lace to lift and finish. Actually it was not as daunting as I first thought. Can't wait to see the new month challenge from SCD. HID says we must batten down the hatches before all the trick & treaters start knocking Grrrrr LOL. Enjoy your Halloween whatever way that might be.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found it easier than at first glance ;) Thanks so much for playing along with the colour combo set by little old me at SCD!
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great. A papercraft fair sounds fun. Lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty Aunty Peb and will make a lovely card topper.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think you have made a splendid card topper and it sounds like you had a wonderful day with yr daughter. Thanks for playing al;ong with the SCD team

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great topper. Has a real vintage lace look about it!Thanks for joining us at SCD.

    ReplyDelete