Monday 18 October 2010

Holidays & Challenges




My holiday last week was very enjoyable, I shared a barn in North Norfolk with my daughter, son-in-law and other family members. We really did have a good time, lots of walks that always ended up in a tea shop obviously cake and tea is just the thing after a walk LOL, followed by crafting at the barn. It began with a spending spree at Sew Simply in Taverham for those of you that don't know they sell all sorts of craft stuff from quilting to artists, we certainly found stuff to buy LOL. As we were going onto a scrapping weekend at Overstrand and to take the opportunity to share my new found knowledge. It was decided we would all make a frame, like I had at Carols workshop held at papermaze during the summer. Everyone really enjoyed this and painted and inked the week away. For mine I choose to do faires & flowers the frame is tando as are the flowers. Carol would have been proud. I also made time over the weekend to complete the challenge set by SCD, I kept it simple as I only had a few stamps with me, my inspiration came from one of the articles in Craft Stamper. I used a mixture of DIs to make orange and stamped then distressed the edge of the tag and added black ink. Oh the other frames can be seen on Sandra's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely tag...great mix to make the orange :) Thanks for playing at SCD this week....sounds like a fab time was had by all on your break away!
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect week Aunty Peb.

    The frame is gorgeous and your SCD piece has a stunning simplicity to it.Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag and a very strong image.Thanks for joining us at SCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous artwork. Thanks for joining us at Something Completely Different this week. Gez.

    ReplyDelete