Sunday 3 October 2010

A new challenge and a new month


Where does the time go! here we are autumn again. Now I actually do love this time of year particularly the colours in my garden. Of course I have to spend time clearing out the bedding plants and replacing with violas and pansy. But that is not too much of a chore as I love my garden to look good. Last year I held an open day in aid of the hospice but that's another story. Anyway I was pleased to read the challenge this month at SCD is colours of autumn and no restriction on shape of the piece. So I began by fiddling about with my DIs and ended up using tea dye and spiced marmalade for the background. The stamped the border and flowers these I painted in the oranges and reds, I then could not resists using the fern and ivy stamps from my little morsels set in green (still plenty of green around in autumn). Of course I then spritzed the whole thing with glimmer mist. I really enjoy these challenges and glad that Sandra (my daughter) encouraged me to try my hand and use the techniques I have learnt this summer at Carols workshops held at papermaze. Great work DT. Have a lovely week all.

3 comments:

  1. Aunty Peb that is stunning, the stamping is fab and the colours look gorgeous, well done.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at SCD...we are so pleased you like the challenges....great take on the autumn colour theme
    xoxo sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shows hoe much you love your garden. Would love to see it. I find crafting takes over from gardening these days. The garden plays second fiddle. It is only because I am addicted to crafting. I do love the garden when I start. Great to have you join us at SCD. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete